Friday, December 2, 2011

Vienne, Austria Christmas Markets

Two weekends ago Teresa, Ashley & myself took the horrendous overnight train to Vienna, Austria to experience the famous Christmas Markets!! 

Unexpectidly the overnight trains weren't too bad and we actually made a friend on the way there! Here name is Lucy and she's English and studying Arezzo, not far from Florence. She was so sweet and fun and we are all now friends on Facebook.. so it will be cool to keep in contact with her!

Anyways.. the markets were really amazing (I knew I would be satisfied because I'm so obsessed with Christmas) We went to two different markets which were really different from each other. I was in love with the second one we stopped at because it seemed like real-authentic Austrian goodies, when the other one seemed much more commercialized. Mostly they had fun things to buy and amazing food. I got a lot of gifts. Some of which I have to be VERY careful bringing home with me because they are really breakable. (But they were so beautiful I couldn't not get them :) )










I was in love with everything & really LOVED the city. I wish that I could have spent more time there (preferably when it's warmer ;)) I also want to go to Salzburg at some point as well. Austria is a place I will definitely be back to.



Ciao, Erica xo

No comments:

Post a Comment