Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving in Italia (The strangest Thanksgiving I've ever had)

About a week ago all Americans gathered with their families to eating amazing food and to give thanks for all the wonderful blessings in their lives..... 


well most Americans. 


Thanksgiving was a pretty weird/sad day here in Italy amongst the study abroad students. It really made me aware how much I missed my family and TURKEY & MASHED POTATOES ;)

Luckily I have some pretty amazing roommates which made it a little more bearable. On Wednesday night we made a "Thanksgiving Dinner" together. I put this in quotations because it was definitely not your traditional Thanksgiving Dinner, in that we ate CHICKEN haha... Turkey is just too expensive for us after a semester of traveling around Europe haha. The food we made turned out pretty well. Well at least we thought so.. Ashley has an Italian boyfriend who joined us... and we think he ate out of politeness.. not because he liked it haha.


Here are some pictures of our FEAST:


we had: Roast chicken, mashed potaotoes & gravy, corn & peppers, green bean cassarole, stuffing, sweet potatoes, deviled eggs and bread.. and of course WINE.  and for dessert... Apple crumble :)
 Our high-end table setting


Wednesday night was a lot of fun. I loved cooking and getting the table "fancy" :)


Although Wednesday was fun... Thursday was just depressing. ISA had organized a Thanksgiving Dinner (which was VERY thoughtful of them) but it really was just depressing. My expectations were REALLY low... and they still weren't even met. haha. The food was really COLD and, the cranberry sauce was literally a scoop if jelly (like jelly you would put on a pb&j) and the "apple pie" was bread with apple chunks in it. 


Okay, enough complaining about Thanksgiving. My wonderful Mama is making me a delicious Thanksgiving dinner once I get home :) Which I cannot wait for.


 ((I CANNOT BELIEVE I GO HOME IN TWO WEEKS!!))


Ciao, Erica xo





No comments:

Post a Comment